Autumn is the perfect time for new releases, and the publishing industry knows it. There is something about a new season and crisp air that just makes me so excited for new books. Here are the books that I am most excited to read (and review!) which are being released in October 2019:
- The Giver of Stars – Jojo Moyes: I eagerly await new Jojo Moyes books, so I am beyond excited for this one.
- 25 Days ‘Til Christmas – Poppy Alexander: Perhaps it’s a bit soon for a Christmas novel, but that won’t stop me. It’s never too early for a heartwarming holiday novel, especially as the days get shorter.
- The Girl Who Reads on the Metro – Christine Féret-Fleury: This sounds like a fun, light-hearted read with a French twist. Perhaps I will bring it with me on my upcoming trip to Paris…
- I Know You Remember – Jennifer Donaldson: It’s October, so of course I have to include a thriller on this list.
- The Dressmaker’s Gift – Fiona Valpy: I am slightly obsessed with historical fiction at the moment, so I am really looking forward to this novel. I do slightly worry that it may be a bit too similar to The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah though.
- Ninth House – Leigh Bardugo: A mystery novel set at Yale University seems like the perfect thing to read in autumn.
- The Grace Year – Kim Liggett: Another thriller – do you sense a theme here? I love that this book revolves around women though – I can’t wait to read it!
- If Only I Could Tell You – Hannah Beckerman: I have read that this book is perfect for fans of the show This is Us, so count me in!
Which new releases are you most looking forward to this month?
Photo by Esther Wilhelmsson on Unsplash